It’s been a long road but we’re finally on track. The library has been out of beta for a while and it keeps growing.
This new version of acapi2 already comes with support for notifications (since 2.0.2).
Whenever an action is executed (e.g. a code import), the API will return a uuid for its correspondent task status (notification), this can be used to check on the status of the task itself”
notif_uuid = "d82a122d-b7b8-46fc-9999-39cb824fac8d" notification = acquia.notification(notif_uuid) print(notification.data)
You can also check on the current notifications for a specific application:
filters = "name=@*myapp*" app = acquia.applications(filters=filters).first() notifications = app.notifications() for uuid, notification in notifications.items(): print(notification.data)
Thanks to the amazing open source community, other features have been added to this release.
- Logs Forwarding (@yogingale)
- Wait until a notification is done (@NastHoloviz),
- Retry via the backoff lib (@dmitry-kiselev-light-it),
- The task endpoints are being removed, since they’re deprecated in the API (you should be using notifications instead!),
- Removed support for environment variables
ACQUIA_CLOUD_API_SECRET; how the credentials are provided to the library is responsibility of the user.
I’ll try to add more information and credits in future versions.